Sunday, October 18, 2020

Day 217ish

 Another week has gone by and somehow we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of October.  Reina is busy planning her Halloween costume (witch with a Sanderson's sisters vibe).  Will says he has no Halloween plans but we'll see if that changes.  I'm debating whether to design a socially-distanced candy distribution machine.  Glenn has a giant cardboard tube that one of his fishing poles arrived in but my mechanical engineering skills might not be up for the task.  It's Wyoming.  It could be 20 degrees on Halloween night and all of the germs will freeze in the ice.  Stay tuned. 

Both kids have covid cases in their schools but neither one of them is quarantined.  Wyoming has had their largest daily totals in the past 10 days several times and case numbers are above 7,000.  It feels like it's inevitable that we will catch it at some point but I'm still trying to keep all of us socially distanced and masking up whenever we can.  The kids and I got flu shots last week and Glenn's getting his at a health fair next week.  Whenever I take the kids for flu shots, I remember picking up Kindergarten Will up from school, going to get Reina at Montessori, buckling her into the car seat and Will turning to her to say, "Reina, you are getting a shot."  She wailed all the way to the children's clinic even though she's stoic about needles.  Thanks buddy, that was super helpful. 

I feel like there should be more to report after a week of no blogging but life just keeps clicking along over here.  Glenn got to get out of the house and duck hunt yesterday.  I worked on a few sewing projects.  Will had to paint a wooden CO2 car for his shop class.  After presenting him with all of paint options I have in the house, he chose a blue sharpie and an orange sharpie and drew two thin lines on each side of the car.  He's a minimalist when it comes to artistic expression.  

So that's where we are.  We have a week of seasonally appropriate cold weather coming up.  That just means I'll have to wear one of my dressier sweatshirts when I'm on Zoom calls this week and retire the capris and tshirts for another season.  

No comments: