Monday, May 7, 2018

May Stuff

It's May - the last month of school (except for a few days in June), Spring weather (mostly), a bunch of sports, gardening (kinda) and so many other things going on.  And we are hanging in there!  Will has his school track meet tomorrow and then it's all about baseball season.  Reina has started softball practice, is still working on piano and has her dance recital in two weeks.  Both kids have 4-H shooting sports and field trips and fun projects at school.  Glenn has turkey hunting and work stuff and I have more work travel this month than I usually do. This was supposed to be a blog post about our busy month but now I feel like it's just one big whine.  There are also plenty of sweet moments so far. 

Will and I played catch in the street tonight and he caught most of my pop flies and threw it so hard that I probably have a bruise on my ummm chest area. 

Reina drew a picture of our pastor during church yesterday that was sweet and also a realistic portrayal of his ummm bald head.  He laughed when she handed it to him and we appreciate her dedication to realism in her craft. 

Every time we check for chicken eggs, Glenn and I giggle about our lack of detective skills and the fact that Trigger was eating all of those eggs for months.  The chickens love the warmer weather and perch outside the kitchen dinner and shriek at us until we bring them some snacks. 

We started on the garden for the summer but stuck to cold hardy plants and seeds for now.  We know it'll snow at least one more time before summer actually starts.

Coco sits in her tent in the front yard and lets us know if another cat is anywhere within a 2 block radius.  Her yowls sound like a cross between "no no no no no no no" and a fire truck.  She's not a fan of other felines. 

I mowed the lawn while Glenn was turkey hunting and didn't break the lawnmower like I did last summer.  Success!

No comments: