Monday, May 14, 2018

Will's Track Meet or a Bunch of Pictures of Will Looking Serious

Last week, on a gorgeous sunny Tuesday, Will had his school track meet.  Last year's meet was one of those days were it started off sunny and then got colder quickly and I was woefully under dressed and unprepared.  This year, I packed everything from hats to windbreakers to sunscreen and it actually got a little toasty.  But enough about my comfort.  Let's talk about our track kid. 

Will did three events again this year - a relay, hurdles and the long jump.  His relay was up first.  

Will was the first leg of the relay and here he's getting ready to run.  

Still getting ready to run....

Totally waiting for the starting gun.  Will ran a great leg and his team got second place.  It was very exciting!  
Next up was the hurdles.  This is my least favorite event to watch because of all of the jumping and chances of tripping and bonking beautiful faces and heads on the track.  So there are no action shots here either.  Just Will looking pensive and ready to hurdle stuff. 


The boys ran in heats and Will's was up third.  

Waiting for the starting gun.  Will won his heat and finished seventh overall!  
The last event was the long jump.  Will was looking forward to this event - he'd been practicing it a lot at school. I'm just amazed that a descendant of mine can jump - either forward or high.  He wasn't happy with his score - he ended up 7th.  His first jump was his best but he had better scores during practice. I think this will be one event that he'll be itching to try again next year. 
Waiting in line and getting ready to glare at me and send a silent message of 'stop taking my picture Mom.'  
It was a great way to spend a Tuesday. I love watching my kids have fun and compete - even when their competitiveness is even more than I can handle.  Net year, I'll get to watch both of them in track.  I'm already looking forward to it! 

No comments: