Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A few things that made me smile on Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, I didn't wake up to breakfast in bed, I woke up to chickens shrieking to be let out of their coop at pre 6:00 a.m.  By the time I did get out of bed, I had to hustle to get my run in before it was time to leave for church.  Sunday mornings can be ridiculously hectic sometimes.  While I was tying my shoes, I was showered with cards and a giant box of chocolates. 

Reina's hand drawn card. That's the two of us.  Yah, I got a little teary.  

A close-up of all of our amazing-ness.  I'm on the right.  


 Actual text of the letter for posterity's sake:

Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for putting food on my plate.  Also for washing my clothes.  Without you I would be smelly and scatry (editor's note, still haven't asked her what this means but I'm thinking something along the lines of her version of 'hangry')  If you weren't there Coco would not be happy anymore.  Thank you so much for everything.  Though now that is almost mother's day I think that I should bake cookies with you and play with your hair.  Thank you for bringing me to Mexico with you it was very fun.  Also thank you for letting me do dance. So for letting me do dance, I will let you do your leaps (I always threaten to ballet leap across the street when we are walking to dance class. I guess know I'm free to do it!).  So thank you, thank you, thank you so much. 

I LOVE YOU!  Love, Reina

Awwwwwww. 

A lovely card from Will in which he points out it should've been a cat card.  

From Glenn 
It was a lovely Mother's Day. 

No comments: