Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cats and dogs

Another week gone by and thankfully nothing major to write about this week.  The bug that Will had last week, kept him pretty droopy through the first few days of the week but school was out anyway so he had extra time to recover.  Reina stayed perky despite the fever. She's Iron Girl.  Glenn went hunting during the later part of the week and came home with the biggest antelope he's ever shot, so he was happy.  I have a big work project coming up this week so the weekend was spent doing a mix of chores, fun stuff and work.  We shopped for Halloween costumes on Saturday: 
Any guesses as to what Reina is going to be for Halloween?  Anyone?   No idea? 

A tat!  Or a 'cat' for the rest of us.  I'm not sure how I'm going to put together the rest of the costume but at least we have the ears and the mask.  Here she plaintively meows for her next meal. 

And here she growls in the hopes that I'll be terrified.  It's hard to be scared of anything this cute huh?                          

Will agreed to be part of her 'Mean Cat' scenario.  What a patient big brother. 
I forgot to capture last week's first snowfall on the blog so here it is.  While I was ready for the change of seasons, I'm not sure I was ready for the white stuff.  We sure need the moisture so I'll stop complaining. 

Reina's preschool had their annual open house last week and for the first time in many years, I didn't visit the toddler room, just the primary room.  Reina showed us all of her 'work.'  Her teachers say that she's a sponge - absorbing everything around her.   They said she's quiet and respectful and doesn't make a fuss.  I'm pretty sure they were talking about the wrong kid. 
Last weekend, I managed just a few pictures of all of the post-hunting activities with Uncle Mark and Cousin Ben.  Reina helped make burger.  Well, Reina sat at the table and asked everyone questions while we made burger.  Puppet Cat was there too. 
 Finally, the 'dog' portion of this post.  Tootsie is so, SO great with the kids.  They lay on her (literally) and she just sits there patiently, occasionally looking at me like "Do I have to?  Really?"  Even when I tell her she can get down, she just stays in her spot on couch - 50 lb 5-yr old notwithstanding. 


No comments: