Monday, October 8, 2012

At least it wasn't the bird flu

So I had big plans for the weekend.  Glenn's brother and nephew came to Wyo to hunt and we were going to get to spend some time with them, relax, catch up on chores, etc.  I'd planned to take some pictures of me with the kids. I read an article last week which made me think about the fact that I'm in very few pictures with the kids because (a) I'm usually the one with the camera and (b) I look like a bum.  So in my mind, I was staging all these photos of the kids and I casually posing for the camera, laughing at a joke, gazing at each other adoringly, you know, things that happen every day.  Except we didn't have any smiling kids, well at least we didn't have a lot of smiley moments.  On Thursday morning, I got the first call from kindergarten that Will wasn't feeling well and probably needed to go home.  Actually, it was an email from his teacher (technology!) but I'd been suspicious since he woke up that morning complaining that his hips hurt (body aches) and it really hurt to swallow (alarm bells!).  So Will came home on Thursday and spent most of the weekend on the couch.  Reina was buzzing along like normal until I noticed that her cheeks were a little red on Saturday.  Sure enough, she had the same fever but had too much going on to just lay on the couch like her brother.  When Reina doesn't feel well it's hard to tell until you notice her supreme over-reaction to just about anything that she doesn't like, want to do, or acquiesce to.  "What's for dinner? Tacos?  I HATE TACOS!"  So no pictures with the mom.    We'll try again next week. 

No comments: