Sunday, September 20, 2020

Day 189

 Will's officially OFFICIALLY quarantined.  After my post last week, we got an email the next day saying that the A team football kids could back to school on Friday.  So off he went Friday morning.  He wanted me to bring him his football equipment because there was still going to be practice Friday afternoon.  When I went to drop the stuff off, I was informed that he was officially being quarantined.  We have a letter from the Dept of Health and everything.  It's a little intimidating but basically, he can't leave the house until school on Sept 29.  No visitors to our house.  We're monitoring him for symptoms and he'll get tested later this week.  So far so good.  Although every time the kid sneezes or coughs, I want to take his temperature.  That level of scrutiny is super fun for him, as I'm sure you can imagine. 

The rest of us are good.  Reina and I stayed home most of the weekend, except for a few essential errands and we did curbside pick-up wherever possible.  Glenn was hunting, which is the perfect definition of social distancing.   The dogs got some long walks and jogs and the cats got more attention than they feel is necessary. 

I took some pictures of Will's game on Wednesday and I'm so glad I remembered my camera.  The team still has two games on the schedule for when quarantine ends for them, but I'm not sure if those games will go.  We'll just have to wait and see.  For last week's game, the team was missing about a 1/3 of the players so Will got a ton of playing time on defense too.  The score was not in their favor but I think he had fun out there.  

Will, his water bottle and the corner of someone's head.  

Getting ready to play some O-line 

I know someday I'll look back on these pics and think that he looks so small, but right now?  Who's that giant man/child out there?  

No comments: