Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Day 185 and Quarantined for real (sort of)

 On Monday night, we got a message from the Jr High that someone had tested positive for COVID-19 and an entire core (like a really big homeroom, the school is divided into 6 cores... or maybe 8) was being ordered to quarantine at home.  Will wasn't in this core but 1/3 of the football team was.  Fast forward to tonight . We got another message from the school stating that the 8th grade football team had been in contact with someone who tested positive so they are supposed to stay home until further notice from the County Health Dept.  We assume that Will is quarantined for two weeks but we're not sure when that two weeks will start.  He's mostly nonplussed (am I using that word correctly?) but is bummed about the possible early end to the football season.  I'm not as stressed as those of you who know me might think.  One dang day at a time right?  You can bet that I'll be monitoring the heck out of every little sniffle and cough he makes, while also cataloging my own aches and pains.  As far as I know, the rest of us don't quarantine unless he tests positive or shows symptoms.  I'm still working from home but Reina and Glenn will both head to school and work.  In the meantime, I'll be placing another grocery order for all of the frozen burritos in town and coming up with ways to keep Will entertained.  Oh who am I kidding. I left his room a few minutes ago with the words "turn off the XBox, you still have a normal schedule mister..."  This is going to be an adventure.  

No comments: