Monday, December 30, 2019

Post-Holiday weekend

I'm at the stage of Christmas break where I'm not quite sure what day of the week it is but I do get to sort-of sleep in tomorrow because I'm taking the day off and that's all I know.  Oh and Wyoming plays in a bowl game tomorrow so it must be Monday.  Reina asked me how many more days of vacation she had left and she still has six.  SIX DAYS! 

Our weekend was a hodgepodge of fun activities and chores and winter-y weather.  On Saturday, Glenn went duck hunting, Will had batting practice and I baked a bunch of cookies for church.  The weather was frightful so it was a nice day to stay in.  Reina beat me in several games of Trouble - her new favorite. 

On Sunday, the weather cleared up a little bit and Will and I headed down to Denver for the last Broncos game of the season.  We (mostly) took Glenn's advice and bundled up in snowpants and carhartts so we stayed warm.  Will decided to forego his snowboots and his feet got pretty cold.  He's going to love that memorialized that little tidbit on the blog.  The Broncos won, we had fun. 
Obligatory mom/son selfie
 Today, we made hamburger out of the moose, elk and antelope that Glenn and Will shot this hunting season.  It was a long day of meat grinding but we got it all done.  It's nice to start the new year off with a freezer full of meat ready for dinner. 
Glenn had a little stalker checking out his handiwork.  

No comments: