Sunday, January 5, 2020

The last night of holiday break

The kids go back to school in the morning.  Mostly everyone is ready.  We've had a nice holiday but it's time to get back to the routine.  The pantry has been hit hard, every edible snack has been ferreted out.  As have the art supplies and the battery stash for electronic devices.  We've watched a ton of movies and played Trouble and Uno Flip (a great addition to the Uno family but also has led to an almost-fistfight breaking out between brother and sister). The Christmas decorations are down and even the pets are probably ready for some quiet time.  Glenn and I have been at work a few days each week so it won't be as hard on us tomorrow morning. But let's get this New Year going.

Our last weekend was pretty fun.  Glenn went goose hunting in Colorado so the kids and I watched football and finished up errands.  We celebrated my birthday on Friday before Glenn headed out.  The kids sang me happy birthday and it was really the sweetest thing. I never hear Will singing and he sang with gusto.

On Saturday, Reina and I had a list at Target a mile long.  The first thing on that list?  Undergarments for Reina that rhyme with claw.  The "claw" has been a big topic of conversation since she picked a few out.  She won't mind that I'm mentioning her unmentionables on the blog because it is Big News.  She said it makes her feel older and like a woman.  (She is asking me to type that right now!) Where did my crazy toddler go?

Bring on 2020!

No comments: