Friday, December 13, 2019

Pictures of Reina singing exuberantly

Last month, Reina's class put together a pageant to honor Veteran's Day.  They sang a collection of patriotic songs and recognized the various branches of the Armed Forces.  It was a lot of fun to watch and we always like to see Reina singing. 
Look at that grown-up girl! 


One of the songs was sung by battery-powered candlelight.  
Belting it out.
Time for some choreographed flag waving to "You're a Grand Old Flag."


Reina had a speaking part - I think she spoke about the Army  She nailed it - spoke confidently and didn't trip up.  

When I was a kid, I had a tape player and one of the tapes that I owned featured Mickey Mouse and friends singing a bunch of patriotic songs.  Whenever I hear "from the halls of Montezuma..." I instantly think of Goofy and Pluto and Mickey.  But I still know a lot of the words so I can sing along with the Fifth Graders every year.  We love watching Reina sing! 

No comments: