Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Snow Day

For the first time since I think ... 2009?  we all had a snow day.  Schools have been canceled a handful of times over the years but the State rarely shut down.  Glenn or I would usually have to take a vacation day to stay home with kiddos in the snow.  When I picked up the kids from school yesterday, the temperature was near 50 and the sun was shining when my phone rang announcing the closure for the next day (today) because of an expected blizzard.  When Glenn and I woke up this morning, it had been raining on and off all night but there wasn't a hint of snow on the ground.  I came downstairs to check my phone and to my surprise, there was a text message announcing that state offices were closed.  Almost simultaneously, the snow started falling and the wind started howling.  It is blizzard city around here.  

The view from the phone window.  We've rarely had snow build up on the windows like this.  

The view from the back window.  We have some crazy drifts in the backyard and it's still snowing.  
 Glenn snuck in to work for a few hours this morning.  I had a nice leisurely jog on the treadmill, did some work online, watched old mystery tv shows with Reina, watched another Hunger Games movie with Will, cooked, baked, cleaned up the kitchen, got our taxes ready for the accountant and watched basketball. 
Will needed a pie for school tomorrow (3.14 day).  He doesn't like regular pie so I found a recipe for a chocolate chip pie.  Yum!  Hopefully! 
A few minutes ago, we got another message that school is cancelled tomorrow also. I feel like I ran through all of my fun activities for the kiddos today.  Tomorrow I'm strapping them to the treadmill to burn off some energy.  Maybe they'll learn cursive.  Stay tuned. 

No comments: