Sunday, November 5, 2017

Happy Halloween!

The Halloween spirit rolled into the Pauley household as soon as the calendar flipped to October.  Reina loves to decorate as soon as possible and we had nice weather for most of the month that helped us get into the late Autumn spirit.  Reina waffled between her final costume choice and a witch for a few weeks before deciding on her pick (you'll see it in a few pictures).  

We added to our Halloween decorations with this black cat.  Reina and I were shopping and saw it and we knew she (of course) had to come home.  Glenn put the kibosh on a giant metal chicken at the beginning of the summer but I didn't wait for his veto this time around.  
Trigger says "why?"  
 A few weeks before Halloween, Reina and I went to an autumn festival with Aunt Vicky and the baby cousins and some friends.  I didn't take my camera but I managed a few phone snaps of one cute little witch. 


And one cute little pumpkin.  Baby Boy Cousin wasn't interested in the arts and crafts or kids' games, instead I spent my time chasing him around the pumpkin patch.  That kid can move.

Catch me if you can Aunt Lucy!  
A week before Halloween, Grandma H came over to our house and helped me get Reina's costume done.  Okay, let's be clear.  She made the costume with materials that I purchased, that was the extent of my creative participation  Reina helped us and when we were done, we had a few extra pieces of felt.  What does one do with extra felt?  Turn a cat into Wonder Woman of course!  
Coco's face says it all, doesn't it?  

Here's the official unveiling. Reina decided to be a piece of pizza!  
She helped design the costume with Grandma and those are hand-colored pieces of pepperoni are original works of art from the pizza girl herself.  
So we move on to Halloween itself, finally.  The night was a little chilly but we bundled everybody up and headed out.  We had great friends come over and trick-or-treat with us and take turns manning the door.  

After the friends left, the kiddos and I took a few more walks around the block to fill up the candy bags.  

Will's dressed as Nolan Arenado and he started off the night trick-or-treating with our friend Jenna, one cute kitty cat.  

Only two pumpkins this year.  A football and a cat.  Naturally.  

After we all got cold enough, we came home and manned the door until bedtime.  This is probably Tootsie's favorite part of Halloween because sometimes candy falls on the floor and little kids think she's cute.  

No comments: