Sunday, November 19, 2017

Early Turkey Dinner

Last week, the kids' school hosted their annual early Thanksgiving dinner. I had another friend describe it as turkey slurry over instant mashed potatoes but honestly, I'm just there for the pumpkin pie with crunchy crust dessert thing. It's delicious.  Oh, and I'm there to spend quality time with my favorite monsters, of course. I've had other friends tell me that fifth grade was the start of when they were no longer invited by their children to attend but Will was happy that I was showing up.  He and Reina have different lunch periods this year, which worked out well because I was only about halfway through my meal when Will's bell rang and it was time for Reina to come in.  During Will's lunch, we made changes to our fantasy football team.  And by 'we made changes' I really mean that Will undid all of the changes I had already made and made his decisions.  But we are in second place in our league so I should probably just keep my mouth shut.  
He did turn down my request for a selfie and was not super excited about this picture but at least I can prove that we had lunch together!  
 During Reina's lunch, we opted to head down the hall to the art room where it was a little quieter and we could chat.  She picked a table by the window so we could look out onto the playground.  Fancy!  We talked about her day and her plans for the afternoon.  I had to head out of town for a work trip right afterwards so it was a nice treat to get to spend a few minutes with them both.  And there was pumpkin pie. 
Someone is happy to take a mom selfie!  

No comments: