Saturday, September 5, 2015

Star Wars Night at the Rockies game

A few weeks ago, the kids and I attended Star Wars Night at Coors Field.  Last year Will and I went but this year Jedi Girl came too.  I think it's becoming a Pauley summer tradition.  The game was at night which was good because we had a busy morning with football and farmer's market and a few chores before heading down the interstate.  As we pulled into Pop-pop and Grandma's neighborhood, Reina whispered to me from the back seat. I looked in the rear view mirror to see Will fast asleep, using Reina as a pillow.  She was wide awake and I'm not sure why she volunteered her noggin as a soft place to snuggle up to but there are a few things I don't get about brothers and sisters.  And hey, at least they weren't screaming at each other.  I'll take it! 
At Pop-pop's, we changed into our Star Wars costumes.  Last year, Will and I just attended the game.  This year, everyone agreed to get to Coors Field early so that we could march in the pre-game parade and get to walk on the field. 
Argh with the pictures that won't rotate.  Will (slightly) graciously let Reina borrow his Jedi costume while he combined a Jedi robe with a Rockies jersey.  Very apropos.

Good guys and the major bad guy, who was actually really nice. 

Us on the field!  The parade was along the warning track and for my part, totally worth the 1+ of standing in line.  We got to walk on Coors Field! 

More characters and a couple kiddos who took their job pretty seriously.
So Star Wars Night was a lot of fun.  The Rockies didn't win but we got there early enough to get bobbleheads.  A parade and bobbleheads? What else do you need.  Oh, maybe cotton candy and we did get that too.  See you next year Coors Field! 

No comments: