Thursday, April 18, 2013

We interrupt this blog to bring you 2.5 snow days

The view from the front porch.  I finally pulled down the "let it snow!" decorations I had on the door from Christmas.  Enough.  Let it rain, rain, and rain. 
I still have vacation pictures to post but this hasn't been the week for it.  From Monday through Wednesday, we received about 17.5 inches of snow and it was 10 degrees when we got up this morning.  It's a little difficult to look at Florida under those conditions.  Don't get me wrong, I'm super thankful for all of the great moisture (we had another storm last week that resulted in about 10 inches of snow, I think) it's just the stinking cold and wind that's bringing me down.   School closed on Tuesday at lunchtime and has been closed since then.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) state government didn't close so we've been doing some acrobatics to get childcare taken care of.  Thanks to a flexible Grandma Hansen who was also having snow days, we've managed to make it through.  School better be back in session tomorrow because I'm running out of entertainment.  We've made cookies, watched movies, played Memory, read stories, made the house really, really messy and napped.  I'm not sure what's left besides boring chores like cleaning our rooms.  Gasp - the horror!  
Glenn and I shoveled the walk and part of the driveway yesterday afternoon.  After we finished, it started snowing again.  I'm now waiting until it all just blows away. 


Glenn was supposed to go turkey hunting this weekend but with all of the snow and cold, the turkeys will probably be very uncooperative so he's staying put for another week.  In the meantime, he can look at Will's drawing and dream of taking out man-sized turkeys with some sort of automatic weapon.   Glenn's green - he must be wearing camo?  Ah the mind of a 6-yr old. 
P.S.  I asked Will about the thing on the turkey's back - he informs me that it's a knife.  Naturally.  Let's just focus on the pretty feathers..... 

No comments: