Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A few of my favorite pictures from our trip - part 1

We've been home for more than a week but I still haven't had a chance to go through all of the photos and chronicle our trip.  I have to write it all down before the memories (and the lovely tan on my feet) fade.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.  Stay tuned for the second half.
Reina and I at Playa Linda on our last day.  It was the warmest day of the trip, but not quite warm enough for me to ditch the long sleeves at the beach.  Reina and Will loved the water and splashed around until their teeth were chattering and their lips blue.  Just like last time. 


Wild Wyoming kids staring down the surf.  I take this same picture each time we go to the beach.  The waves and the sand don't change, but the two humans just get bigger and bigger.  Sob.

Cooooold water on your feet! 

Reina and Minnie.  This picture was taken at about 9:30 at night.  Reina was such a trooper - she was starting to fade a little bit at this point, but she perked up when she saw Minnie and Daisy. 

We also meet Ariel.  There are better pictures of Reina and the mermaid but this is my favorite because Reina is talking Ariel's ear off.  She told her about our trip to Florida, going swimming at Grandma and Grandpa Pauley's house, her dogs, etc.  Ariel was very patient. 

She looks so grown-up!  We were trying to get back to the castle before the fireworks but I had to set her down and give my back a break for a minute.  A great time to take a picture of my big girl. 

Earlier in the day, when everyone was more awake, we visited Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny.  It was the only 'ride' that didn't have a 2-hour wait. 

If four-yr old Will Pauley had been to Disneyworld on this day, I think his little head would've exploded.  Capt JACK SPARROW!  Modern-day Will was pretty excited and even got to run up on stage for a few minutes.  This picture was taken specifically for Grandma Hansen.  Hubba hubba.

These pictures are out of order but before the beach, and before Disneyworld, we visited several state parks and canoed and swam and ate pancakes.  The water at this spring is always 72 degrees so obviously that was warm enough for some members of our party.  Are you seeing a theme here?  The water is never too cold for W & R, sometimes too cold for G, and usually too cold for the Bronco Baby Mom.  That's why I'm the Official Photographer.

I've had to ask Glenn to remind me what these birds are called every time I see this picture.  They are limpkins and we saw them while canoeing.  You don't see a ton of them in Florida but this pair had 3 chicks with them.  One is in this picture and they are two are fuzzy blobs on about ten other pictures that I took.  Little limpkin chicks!  According to Wikipedia, the sounds made by limpkins were used as the sound effect for the hippogriff in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie.  Who knew?! 

Up next, pictures of the other two people who were with us at Disneyworld, more pictures of people swimming in cold water, manatees and the rest of our vacation.  As I type this tonight, it's 6 degrees and we are in the middle of Winter Storm Walda.  72 degree water doesn't sound too bad right now. 

No comments: