Sunday, December 16, 2012

The fever

Last weekend, Reina seemed to be coming down with a little cold.  She had a low-grade fever and seemed a little droopy Sunday morning, but nothing major was going on.  Long story short, I came home from running errands with her and Will on Sunday afternoon and Reina had been really fussy at Target, she kept asking if we could go home yet which should have been a warning sign for me because normally the girl loves Target.  So we came home at the same time that Glenn was meeting with someone who wanted to buy our old car. (I have a new car, it's fabulous and blue and has satellite radio and there's no time to write a big long goodbye post to the old car so I'll just point out that I bought it when Glenn and I were just dating, drove home from the wedding in it, brought both kids home in it, Trigger barfed in it several times and then I backed into a bunch of stuff in it this year.  Thanks for the memories Mazda Tribute).  So the buyers are at our house with a handful of cash, we are trying to track down a notary for the title and in the midst of all of this, I take Reina's temperature and the thermometer reads 104.3.  I panic.  I yell to Glenn that we need to take Reina to the ER.  He yells back that we need to sell the car.  He was right and I called Reina's doctor.  The nurse practitioner on call talked me off of the ledge and I followed her instructions to try to bring the temperature down.  It worked and we never did have to go to the ER.  We did take her to the doctor on Monday and they confirmed that is just viral and we needed to ride it out.  Reina stayed home Monday and Tuesday but is back to her fully animated, energetic self today.  One silver lining is that she was pretty droopy on Monday and was content to sit next to me for hours on end.  It wasn't a bad way to spend the day.  The flip side is that it takes 104+ degree fever to slow her down even a little bit. 

It's now the following Sunday and Will has a fever of 102.5.  Here we go again. 

No comments: