Monday, December 31, 2012

Other stuff that happened in December

I was cleaning off my camera over the weekend and found a bunch of pictures that hadn't found their way onto the blog yet.  I thought that was a good way to wrap up 2012.  What a year huh?  Glenn's illness dominates the year in my mind, but we also get to celebrate the fact that he's perfectly fine today.  We also managed to have a lot of fun, camp and travel with our family and friends, welcome Tootsie in to the craziness on Hawthorne Dr. and send Will off to Kindergarten.  Can't wait to see what 2013 brings. 
We don't have a full-size basketball hoop in our driveway, yet, so Glenn tried to improvise while helping Will perfect his jump shot.  What a dad. 

When 3-yr olds dress themselves.  She has a style all her own.  Also, there wasn't an inch of snow on the ground when this picture was taken.... 

We all have Broncos fever!!  Will wore my #18 jersey to school on the last day before break.  Luckily, Grandma and Pop-pop bought him his own for Christmas. 

At the G&F Christmas party, they had a kids' table full of crafts.  Once Reina saw that table, we rarely saw her for the rest of the night.  She cut and pasted and glued and stickered to her hearts content. 
So did Will. 


Will didn't get to come to our church's Christmas program because he was home on the couch with the Weird High Fever. Reina got to be an angel.   
I wish I could freeze her in time at this moment.  She looks so very Three.  She gamely stood at the front of the church and sang song after song.  She kept making eye contact with me because she wanted to sit with me and she'd glare at me when I shook my head.  Finally she looked over and mouthed "I HAVE TO GO POTTY!"  Everyone within a few rows of us knew what she meant.  When you've got to go, you've got to go! 
It's been a cold month!  That 2.5 degrees wasn't even the lowest that we've seen in the last few weeks.  And yes, it was 61.9 in our house.  Brrrrrrrrr!

No comments: