Monday, February 21, 2011

Refrigerator jumping and bowling

Another three-day weekend come and gone. The weather was cold and windy so most of our activities were confined to the inside. I did attempt a long run with some friends and I'm still feeling the effects 24-hours later. This is the time of year when Glenn starts talking wistfully of Spring and I even start to feel a little sick of winter.

We had a couple bright spots this weekend. We get to babysit doggies and it sure was nice to have friends of the four-footed variety to keep us company for a night. Will still talks about Canyon a lot and he had a great time playing catch and leading a very patient Natron around on the leash for a few laps around our kitchen. Last night, I had a belated dinner with my friend Heather (at Red Lobster - one word -coconutshrimp!) so I left the kids in Glenn's hands and escaped for a meal. As I was leaving, the kids were doing this: Reina was a little more hesitant about flinging herself off of the top of the fridge into her dad's arms but not Will. He was so enthusiastic that I couldn't even get any pictures. The kid loves adrenaline. And that scares me to my very core.

We woke up this morning to another cold and blustery day, so we decided to go bowling. Hey, there aren't that many options on a February Cheyenne day! Needless to say, it was actually a pretty big hit. Will really liked it and even threw a strike at one point. I should record for posterity that he was beating my score for a while but luckily he got distracted by the arcade and didn't finish his game. Between turns, Will and Reina snacked on pretzels and grape-flavored sugar water. I can't even call it juice.... Some people in our party REALLY enjoyed their pretzels but I won't name names.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as Reina enjoyed your snack.

No comments: