Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend fun

Another summer weekend in the books! I took the kids to Fort Collins on Saturday while Glenn worked. Have I mentioned how hard he's working this summer? His big plan is due in early August so he's been going to work early during the week and then spending a big chunk of the weekend at the office. I'm proud of him but we're going to have a bbq extravaganza at the end of the summer to celebrate the plan being done.

Anyway, back to our weekend. The kids and I and Aunt Vicky spent a few hours at Lee Martinez Farm looking at all of the animals and having some fun. Here's Will and Reina exploring the silo. Reina was walking around but chose this moment to sit on her bottom. Glenn wanted me to point out that she officially started walking on July 4. That's right, Miss Independent chose Independence Day as the day to be upwardly mobile. Riding the bucking broncos in the play area...
Pumping water... (big hit!)
Running in and out a little stream... (another big hit!) If there's water, splashing and a chance to get wet, that's where you'll find Will.

They both really love the farm animals and it's a great place to get up close and personal with sheep, goats, pigs, cows and a pony or two.
On Sunday, we dressed up for church. In trying to take a picture of Reina's outfit, I caught a facial expression that I can only categorize as "model-like." As in high fashion model or blue steel. She's got some attitude!

We ended the weekend by watching Toy Story 2 and a moment of heartwarming sibling togetherness. Awww... It lasted until Reina tried to grab Will's cowboy and Will jumped off the recliner. At least I got my photo.

No comments: