Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Things you need to know about Reina

1. She has blonde, curly hair and is not a fan of getting it brushed so she often goes to school looking like she went to bed with wet hair. Which she did.

2. Over the weekend, she officially figured out the whole walking thing and it is now her primary form of transportation. She's a little unsteady and her gait is reminiscent of ET but she's upright!

3. Last week, we took her in for a developmental screening to check on the (lack of) walking and talking. Turns out, she's just a little behind the curve but not enough to warrant any therapy or services provided by Stride. We know that she has a lot to say, it's just not English. I tell everyone that she speaks Reinish.

4. But her vocab is increasing. Along with mama, up, KITTY, and hi, tonight, Glenn coaxed out a 'please' by offering Reina her chupee (pacifier). "Reina, say please. Please! Please! Say please! Please! Reina say please!" "Peeez?!"

5. She's crazy about her chupee. Yeah, I know. Which probably explains the lack of talking. But I console myself that once upon a time, Will carried around 5 chupes and now we can't get him to shut up. Errr... I mean be quiet.

6. She looks a little like my mom. I ran across this picture back in May when I was in Minnesota. Granted, it was late at night and I was very tired but I saw it in the photo album and thought "who took that picture of Reina?" There's something about the eyebrows and the mouth and the serious expression that made me think of my girl.
I wonder if my mom threw giant screaming fits when nobody would lift her up to look at the antelope outside the back window?

No comments: