Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ramblings

It's been another busy week. Do I start all of my blog posts with that sentence? We made it through the whole week without taking anyone to the doctor which was a nice change of pace. Reina said "Daa-dee" twice and "mama" once. She might have also said "hi" several times but we're not sure if she's saying "hi" or just exhaling really loudly.

Will's favorite saying right now is Oh maaaaaaannnnn. Used in a variety of settings but particularly as a way to express disapproval without getting in trouble for talking back. Example: "Will, we have to go to school today." "Oh maaaaaaaannnnnn!"

Tomorrow is Reina's first birthday party. Since it's Super Bowl Sunday, she's having a football themed party. Hey - she's my daughter! She can have a football-themed first birthday. One afternoon, I tried several times to get a good picture of her holding a football, but in true Reina fashion, she would have none of it. This is the shot we finally went with. Close enough huh?

We'll be back early next week with lots of pictures of football festivities, kids with too much sugar and most importantly, Reina's first bite of birthday cake.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

How fun to have a football birthday party. I love it. (Go Colts! Are we once again voting for opposite teams?) Happy Birthday Queen Reina!

Lucy said...

As a mom to five boys, I'm glad you approve of my football themed party! Since my beloved Broncos weren't playing, I wasn't really rooting for anyone so we weren't on opposite sides .... this time! :)