Thursday, June 11, 2009

Reina - Four Months Old


This week Reina hit the four-month mark. Time has flown by! It's been a pretty busy week so I'm narrowing this blog post down to the Top 10 highlights (in some cases, lowlights).

1. Reina turned four months old. At her check-up, we found out that she's 13.1 pounds which is still 50% and her height is now in the 70% so my dreams of her being a 6-foot tall runway model are probably starting to fade. The doctor thought she was very strong which we already know. You should feel her grip when she grabs a handful of hair.

2. Reina got her first ear infection. Not a milestone that we wanted to reach quite yet but she was coughing and gagging last Friday and it made me nervous so we made a quick trip to the doctor and found out that she had a double ear infection. Luckily the medicine worked pretty quickly and she's been feeling fine this week - until she got shots at the doctor's office.

3. I got tested for swine flu. After a wild night of hallucinations (I wanted an Orange Julius REALLY badly - do they even exist still?) and flu-like symptoms, the doctor's office suggested that I get tested for the swine flu since I was exhibiting all the right signs. Luckily, I didn't have it.

4. Will wore his shirt like this for 30 minutes.

5. We set up a poor man's t-ball game in the backyard. Will's aim isn't always accurate but it is powerful.



6. I bought a giant (and I mean gigantic!) box of Pull-ups for Will last weekend. Turns out they are the girl version. They are a lovely pink color with a picture of Dora on the front. They are going to love that at Montessori. I wonder what sort of psychological damage I'm inflicting on him to have him wear girl's underwear for the next 2-3 weeks . . .

7. It's been raining. A LOT. Cheyenne has had 3 inches more rain right now than this time last year. For Wyoming standards - that's pretty nice. As an official representative of the Dept of Agriculture, I'm not complaining about the moisture. I just miss that glowing orb thing that's usually the sky - I can't even remember what it's called.

8. Will's a little boy (not a baby!). Who likes to eat his own feet.

9. Reina slept from midnight until 6:30 a.m. last night by herself. She still doesn't sleep in her crib - instead she snuggles up in her car seat. But it works and that's all that matters.

10. Okay, so I can't think of #10. We had a good week and are looking forward to a fun but rainy weekend. Hope there's lots of fun and green grass where you are, too.

No comments: