Thursday, April 30, 2009

Canyon

Today's post should be all about Canyon because my dear old dog turned 14 this week. Her life has certainly changed since I first picked her out as a 5 week-old puppy the month after I graduated from college. She's been through a lot with me, living in tiny apartments while I worked two part-time jobs, moving into my first house with me and keeping the backyard squirrel-free, meeting Glenn and eventually getting to live in his house and finally being there when we brought home Will and now Reina. Canyon was never a big fan of little kids and there are times when I'm sure she wishes that she could live on her own but she's such a great dog. She's never been agressive towards the kids and she even seems to like Will a little bit now that he's able to throw her ball and feed her whatever he's eating. Will adores Canyon (he calls her Nah-Nah) and I caught him reading to her the other afternoon. Luckily the camera was close by and I snapped a picture before he moved on to other activities. Notice how he made sure that she has a few books to read in her dogbed?

Canyon's slowing down a little bit but everyone assures me that she still has a lot of life left to live. She's still spunky - especially when we spot a rabbit on our walk - and loves to ride in the car. She's brought a lot of joy to my life and I'm happy that she's still with me. Happy Birthday Canny Dog!!

In other news - we had a great weekend with Glenn's brother and sister-in-law and their family last weekend. Mark & Maria generously drove all the way over from Omaha to meet Reina and we had a great visit. We snapped a few pictures of all of the kids - here's Ben, Will, Alena and Reina:

Alena - the offer still stands for you to come out and be our free babysitter all summer!! :)

Finally - a few snaps of Reina. I've been very lazy about dressing her in anything but footie pajamas. Last week we had a few warm days and I dressed up her for lunch with my co-workers. I even managed to catch a (blurry) smile.


No comments: