Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weather and child labor laws

We had a nice Spring blizzard here last weekend. Being a bit of a weather nerd, I took some pictures for posterity and for our relatives in the south. Despite being snowed in, we had a pretty nice weekend. Sunday morning the sun came out and the three of us (Reina was exempt from chores mainly because she can't hold her head up all the way - and the whole lack of upper body strength. . . ) tackled the driveway after church.
Here's the view from our back porch. And the front porch (before):And after:
Here we are violating child labor laws - the kid loves snow. He especially likes to eat it which leads to this . . . A face plant in the giant snowdrift behind him. . . we went inside shortly after.

In other breaking news - and file this one under "things I never thought I would talk about in public" - Will has pooped in the potty two nights in a row! Tonight he even asked to go to the potty which was a first. I think the fact that he gets a lollipop if he actually poops is helping to motivate him, but we might be on our way to potty training this 2 year and 1 month old. I feel like we are doing the whole potty training backwards by starting with the poop but I also feel like we should capitalize on any interest he does have. I hope I'm not jinxing us. If we are still working on this process in a year, no one remind me, ok? (I can't believe I just typed a whole paragraph about poo. Sorry.)

1 comment:

Alyson said...

What great news! My boys are twice Will's age and they come and go with their desire to use the potty. Way to go Will!