Friday, April 3, 2009

Smiles!

We've been getting lots of smiles from Reina but they are hard to capture on the camera. Here are a few attempts:

Here's a smiley picture of Will - he loves his bathtime!
It's been a good week at the Pauley household. Will's adjusting to his little sister very well. So well in fact that he offered to nurse her at dinner last weekend. We couldn't figure out what he was saying at first but when he lifted up his shirt and said "Baby snack snack" we caught on. He's going to love it when we re-tell that story at his high school graduation party.
In other embarassing stories, Glenn dressed Reina for me in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. When I got up, I put her in her bouncy seat and went about my morning. A little while later I picked her up to change her and noticed that her seat and herself were soaking wet. I couldn't figure out what happened until I felt her little bottom and realized that she was going commando - she didn't have a diaper on. Part 2 of this fascinating story happened last night. Will went to bed at 8:00, Glenn went to bed at 9:30. At 10:30 on my way to bed, I came upstairs and Will was standing in the hallway in the dark. I led him back to his room (have I mentioned that he's sleeping in a big boy bed now?!) and when I went to put him back in bed, I realized that his sheets and his jammies were soaking wet. Again, I felt for the diaper and realized that we had another diaper-less kid in the house. Glenn changed Will last so I knew who to blame. Apparently I need to be more specific with my instructions. "Glenn, will you change the baby/Will but make sure you put a new diaper on when you take off the old one?"
Here's wishing you a diaper-free weekend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL! Your stories are totally cracking me up.