Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Day After the Day After Christmas

 We had a nice Christmas, so nice in fact that I haven't had time to write about it.  This year definitely looked different from previous years.  No Pop-pop and Grandma visit, no Christmas Eve church service, no friends at Aunt Vicky's house.  But we had some new traditions too.  Delicious brisket for Christmas Eve, kids that slept until 7 on Christmas morning (!!!), a buffet of leftovers for Christmas Dinner, Zooming with both sides of the family and getting to see their smiling faces.  It wasn't an ideal holiday but we are happy that we are all safe and sound and next year's holiday is going to be especially joyful.  

I took a quick survey and here are each family's members highlights. 

Glenn's favorite gift was an electric hand warmer that Lucy and Will picked out and that Lucy plans on borrowing for cold football games - maybe even baseball games in Wyoming?   His favorite food was Uncle Matt's brisket on Christmas Eve.  He also enjoyed surprising me with a really pretty sapphire ring that he disguised in a box that looked like he bought me wildlife license plates.  

Reina loves her hoverboard but also wants me to write about the new keyboard that she received.  She has mastered riding the hoverboard around the living room and she makes it look so easy.  Its not that easy for the older members of the family.  Glenn can ride it if he has two people to hang on to and Lucy's one shot ended with her lying on her back in the hall closet after getting bucked off the hoverboard.  

Will loves his new tv that he got for gaming.  He figured out how to get NFL games broadcast and if he only had an attached kitchenette and bathroom, he might never have to leave his room.  

There are so many other wonderful presents that were gifted to us and I'll try to write more about those later.  For my part, I can't pick a favorite but filed under "gifts I didn't know I needed" Will picked out a pillow that you can set the Ipad on and it's perfect for lazy viewing in fact I'm using it right now while I also type on the laptop.  Multi-tasking for the win!  

So that's all I have for now.  We had a nice holiday.  The kids and Glenn have the week off. I'm going to work from home this week and we'll have a fun week and lots and lots of family time.  

No comments: