Friday, January 31, 2020

The rest of the week

The last week of January has been a doozy.  Relatively speaking, of course.  I started to feel puny last Saturday with a stomach bug. I was sick Sunday into Monday.  Reina started to feel yucky Sunday and stayed home with me on Monday.  Glenn and Will went to work and school on Monday.  When they walked into the house Monday night after practice, Will announced that he'd thrown up in Dad's truck 7 times on the way home.  School is about 5 minutes away so you know that was an intense ride.  Glenn looked like a man who had been through some things.  Will didn't use his backpack or bag to catch the vomit, instead he aimed for Glenn's cupholders.... that aren't removable.  So the three of us stayed home together on Tuesday.  

But it's Friday and we are back on track.  Reina is reading Nancy Drew books which delights me.  She's reading the actual books that I read as a kid that were at least a generation old at that point.  She's a voracious reader.  Her birthday is right around the corner and it's a hot topic of conversation.  


Dressed up for basketball.  They have to dress nicely on game days. 

Reina camping out with three of the four pets on one of her sick days.  I think the dogs were delighted that we were feeling under the weather.  

I received this text from Glenn over the weekend.  Clearly someone hacked his phone.  I just can't figure out who the culprit is!  

No comments: