Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

 I didn't make my goal of blogging more in 2018 so I'm starting off the New Year with a new goal and a shiny post about our kitchen project.  But first, a little bit about our New Year's Eve.  We stayed home this year.  The wind chill brought the temperature down to negative numbers (I think -20 was the official low?) so we cranked up the woodstove and watched Office reruns as a family.  I made french dip sandwiches and we topped the meal off with an ice cream sundae bar.  I'd been promising Reina for about 6 months that she could do my makeup so I let her go for it.  No pictures will be posted here for several reasons (one being that Glenn said it looked like I was transitioning...) but we had a lot of fun with it.  It was a nice way to ring out one year and welcome a new one.

The other big project of the holiday break is our kitchen remodel.  We are getting ready for new flooring and countertops so we decided to paint everything before the big work begins.  Nothing like a four-day weekend for a painting project. 
Glenn painting over the infamous vine in our kitchen.  It's been on the wall since we moved in ten, 10! years ago and I've been meaning to paint over them since day 1.  Finally!  

Bye big blue wall! 

A view of the before floor and countertops.

No child labor laws here!  

While we worked on the kitchen, Will finished up a school project on ancient Rome.  He even talked his sister into helping him draw a Roman shield.  Siblings helping each other?  Holiday miracle!  
The warm gray walls.  Can't wait for the rest of the transformation! 
Happy New Year! 

No comments: