Thursday, December 27, 2018

Pre-Christmas activities

I'm trying to get all of the 2018 blog pictures up here before the end of the year, which is just a few days away.  Eeek!  We are having a nice week full of family time and lots of hanging out.  Glenn and I went back to work today but the kiddos were entertained by Christmas stuff and grandparents.  Here are a few things that have happened in the past few weeks. 

I have baked my butt off the past few weeks, pardon the indelicate expression.  Besides the German cookies that are part of the Pauley family tradition, the kids and I made some sugar cookies to decorate. I also made a few batches of chocolate covered pretzels for Reina's school party and neighbor gifts.  When I made the sugar cookies, the kids were really interested in picking out shapes and decorating.  Will insisted on the Christmas pig seen in this picture.  I guess there were farm animals at the manger?  
Christmas cookies and ye olde fashioned Christmas pig!  
We have had some wintry weather and even had a little bit of snow over the weekend. All three pets chose the couch that's directly across from the stove for a warm nap.  Smart pets. 

A few weeks ago, Will had his science fair at school.  Parents were invited to come by and watch the kids give their presentations.  Will did a good job on his presentation and even made eye contact with me when I took the picture.  No smile, but a (slightly) enthusiastic thumbs up.
Will's groundbreaking scientific experiment involved hammering nails into different types of wood to see which one was the hardest.  

A few Saturdays ago, Will and I zipped down to Denver for the Broncos game.  Will's streak of only attending winning games ended abruptly and you can imagine how thrilled he was about that.  Spoiler alert:  not thrilled at all.  Despite the scoreboard results, he and I had a fun evening together that involved a pedicab ride to the stadium and lots and lots of french fries.  Here's hoping 2019 brings more W's for our favorite teams. 
We still love the Broncos!  

No comments: