Sunday, April 22, 2018

Reina's Spring Program

Before the month completely gets away from me, I have to post some pictures from Reina's Spring program a few weeks ago.  The theme of the third-grade extravaganza was along the lines of "skip Spring in Wyoming and just head straight into summer because Spring doesn't happen here."  We had a few inches of snow on the ground yesterday morning so the program is certainly prophetic.  

Reina had a speaking part for this program.  She tried out several months ago and was picked along with three other students.  She was pretty excited to bring home the news and she faithfully practiced her lines and sang us snippets of the songs for weeks.  

A few days before the program, Reina decided she needed a new dress.  The music teacher had suggested that the students wear something spring-y, western or beachy.  We took a quick trip to the mall and I let Reina pick the store.  We found ourselves in The Store Where All The Pre-Tween Girls Congregate and while I was wishing we were in Target, Reina picked out the perfect combination of denim, flowers and spring-y.  She looked adorable.  

Singing her heart out in the front row.  
Singing and flag waving to "Grand Ol' Flag" 
I can't remember what song this was but the hand motions were smashing.
More dancing and singing 
We took so many pictures but most were blurry because of all of the action and out seats towards the back. I couldn't get a shot of our superstar talking but this was close.  
 Reina's music teacher does a terrific job teaching songs and dance moves and you could tell the kids had a great time. I told the teacher afterwards that I thought the class was chock full of future music theater students.  I know at least one sure enjoyed her time on the stage. 




No comments: