Sunday, March 11, 2018

Will's First Communion

Today Will took Communion at church for the first time.  I didn't get any pictures because I wasn't sure he was going to make it to church until five minutes before we headed out.  He has one of his bad coughs brought on by slightly warm weather and then cold weather and not enough jacket-wearing AND a Friday night sleepover where little sleep actually happened.  So Will's a bit under the weather but that brings us to Sunday morning.  

Even though I didn't get any pictures, for the record, Will was wearing a nice polo shirt and khaki pants that are actually blue.  So blue slacks basically.  He looked droopy but sharp.  At the church we attend, fifth graders take a separate communion class for a few weeks and then next year, he'll go through confirmation.  So there wasn't a lot of fanfare today, but it was special for our family. 

Since we didn't get any photos, Reina drew this picture of me when we sat back down after communion.  I don't know why I don't have arms but the rest of the picture is pretty accurate, including my omnipresent bun.   

No comments: