Monday, March 26, 2018

Birthday bashes for 11 year olds

The Sunday before Will's actual birthday, we invited a few of his friends to meet us for an afternoon of laser tag and cake.  With a March birthday, you can't guarantee nice enough weather for outside parties so laser tag was just about our only option.  Will and a handful of boys from his class plus some friends from sports and his sister AND his cousins joined in the fun.  

A few weeks before the party, Will told me he wanted a cake from the grocery store.  Perhaps my hysterical sobbing frightened him into changing his mind.  Okay, I didn't sob but my "REALLY?  You want a grocery store cake?  Well maybe next year when you want to go to a Broncos game, you can see if the GROCERY STORE wants to take you" response helped him change his mind. He found a video online of someone cupcakes and filling them with sprinkles, which I was happy to whip up.  We didn't have many leftovers so I think it was a hit.  

Baby Boy Cousin thoroughly enjoying a sprinkle-filled cupcake.  

No one paying attention to the lady with the camera except the toddler.  

Getting ready to blow out the trick candles.  I guess I've used these too many times before because the birthday boy caught on pretty quickly.  

Cake and ice cream and 11 yr old humor.  
Yes, someone definitely liked his cupcake.  

A shot of the whole gang courtesy of the party co-host aunt. 

A rare sighting of the Bronco Baby Mom and the birthday boy together.  

Preschool cousin liked hers too!  
Another birthday party in the books.  Next up, Glenn's birthday!  I hope he picks a movie party instead. 

No comments: