Sunday, January 14, 2018

Skiing!

The monsters and I headed up to Snowy Range Ski Area for a day of skiing on this three-day weekend.  I combined all of my birthday money (thanks parents and parents-in-law!), bought us all new ski gloves, packed some lunch and headed over the hill.  Glenn still doesn't ski but we have hopes to drag him along next time.  For the last few years, the kiddos and I have managed to squeeze in a ski day or two and Will and Reina are turning into such great skiers.  I wish we had the time and the unlimited ski passes to go more often.  Today was a little windy and chilly at times but we had a lot of fun.  Will skied down a few black runs by himself and spent a chunk of time skiing on this own because he and I had different definitions of what "meet mom at the bottom of the hill" means.  (He thinks you wait about 30 seconds and when no one appears, you take the next lift up and just ski.)  Reina and I tackled some new runs - or at least some new-to-Reina runs and we made it to the bottom of the mountain each time with no crashes and smiles on our faces. Seriously, these two are getting better each time we go and I know it won't be long before they leave me in the dust, or at least take a few easy runs with mom for old time's sake.  

Reina/mom selfie at lunch break.  
Will eating lunch and trying to watch the AFC playoff game over my shoulder.  
Will chilling (ha ha) at the end of the afternoon.  He took a hard route down to the bottom and was ready to be down.  
Reina decided to take the last lift up for one more run after Will and I were done.  
Someone keeping herself occupied on the long drive home.  

No comments: