Sunday, January 21, 2018

Christmas piano recital - a little late

Last month, last year, feels like quite a while ago, Reina played the piano at the mall to help promote the Tree of Hope ceremonies.  She played last year, too.  This year, I think she was a little less nervous, but not completely nerve-free. She played three songs as duets with her teacher.  Jingle Bells, Up on the Housetop and my favorite, Silent Night.  She did a great job!  She was very poised and serious but played beautifully.  I'm amazed at how much she's learned and she's raced by what little piano knowledge I had.  I usually have to google base clef notes to even begin to help her out.  She's working on reading notes in both base clef and treble clef, learning sharps and flats and the coolest part (to me) is that she's getting that left hand to play along.  It's not always easy to get her to practice but boy do I love to listen to her play.  

Reina and her piano teacher 

My favorite piano girl

No comments: