Monday, January 29, 2018

Housebound

I had foot surgery last week. This is probably a good time to remind the Pauley kids that a Morton's Neuroma is probably in their future - it's a hereditary thing and so far Pop-pop, great aunt, aunt and mom have all had it removed.  As far as surgeries go, it hasn't been too bad, just a lot of couch time and staying off of your feet. I've had some sweet nurses taking care of me.  Reina offers to help me up the stairs.  Will brings me sprite a lot, which is so sweet and not at all because he wants to open up the bottle and get a few sips for himself.  Glenn brought me chocolate.  Vicky has brought me snacks and much needed company and entertainment from toddler cousins.  Friends and co-workers have stopped by which has helped break the monotony of lying on the couch for days.  

Coco has been more snuggly than I expected.  Each night I wake up to find her curled up close.  Is she being sweet or just waiting to see if I expire and she can assume her rightful throne?  

Coco has also helped me knit.  Glenn had to grab her as she made a dash for the stairs with that giant ball of yarn in her mouth.  
T & T have been sofa companions and I think they are happiest that I'm home for another day.  It's much more comfortable to watch the neighborhood from the warm living room instead of the cold backyard.  
My view. Thank goodness for George Clooney movies to pass the time.  

No comments: