Monday, May 12, 2014

The day after Mother's Day

The day after Mother's Day was a snow day.  Let's let that sink in for a moment.  The only day that schools have closed for this school year is May 12.  May 12.  Let's move on.  For historical purposes, this storm dropped close to a foot of snow at our house. I didn't measure it and the wind picked up to move snow around so it was hard to tell, but based on official readings in our county, I'd say we have about 12 inches.  I woke up to the phone ringing at 4:52 a.m. to announce that school was closed.  The state didn't shut down so I took the day off and Glenn went to work. I've spent the day with delightful, helpful, entertaining kids who are pretty excited to be home on a Monday.  I'm sure all of these feelings of goodwill will evaporate by 4:00 or so but we'll enjoy it while it lasts
To get my workout in today, I shoveled our walk so some of this snow is from the sidewalk.  But still, waist deep on a 7 yr old.  In May.  Good times.   

I had some help cleaning out the hall closet.  In an act of defiance, I packed away all of the hats, gloves and scarves.  If it snows again, we just won't leave the house.  Look at Will's feet. 

I took this picture of Reina last Monday, when the sun was shining. Her flower was in honor of Cinco De Mayo. 

No comments: