Monday, February 24, 2014

Two years, can you believe it?

Reina's birthday week marked two years since Glenn's got sick.  Two years!  In some ways, it still feels fresh in my mind, in other ways I wonder if it ever really even happened.  I still get a little nervous when he comes down with a bug and is a little droopy for a couple of days.  I look for the signs of something serious happening again and thankfully it's just a cold, or a touch of a stomach bug that the kids have so generously shared. Life came so very close to changing forever that day and since then I've tried to live with a sense of gratitude that Glenn and I get to keep walking this road together. 
 
We were interviewed by the local paper last week.  Glenn wanted to tell the story for two reasons:  to thank our local hospital and to hope that people would learn that the phrase "that would never happen to me" is no guarantee that something won't.  Doing the interview brought back so many memories but we also celebrated the fact that Glenn's 100% healthy.  With a big list of hunting trips still on his horizon, we can't ask for much more than that. 


No comments: