Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ice fishing and other things to talk about besides football

Greetings from a subdued Pauley household.  Well, I'm not even actually there right now (on a work trip), but it was subdued when I left.  Okay fine, I was the most subdued.  That thing that we don't need to talk about that happened on Sunday bummed us all out but we look forward to next year and hope to see the Broncos back in the SB.  Before the big game, we had a busy weekend! 
 
On Friday, Reina attended cheerleader camp at one of the local high schools.  She was really excited to give it a go.  When I dropped her off, she held my hand as we walked into the gym but once she saw all of the campers and cheerleaders in a circle, she dropped my hand and off she went. 
 
The whole camp performed at halftime of the basketball game that night.  When I first picked her up, she told me that she didn't want to do the big dance.  I said that was just fine but as halftime approached, she changed her mind.
Lining up with the rest of the campers. I think I told say "Go Thunderbirds!"  Or she's giving me an order.
Reina being lifted.  She was very serious about the whole endeavor and didn't crack many smiles. 
My favorite cheerleader and her favorite cheerleader.
 
 
On Saturday, Glenn took the kids ice fishing while I stayed home and didn't ice fish.  For the record, I had a ton of chores and it was cold outside.  Ice fishing was a huge hit.  We have some bonafide Wyoming kids on our hands. 
Will and Reina and one poor fish.  I washed their coats Saturday night because Reina carried the fish around all afternoon. 
 
Will's turn!  I think Reina's hat makes her look a little like an Ewok.  In a pink jacket. 

Reina and Will and their new best friend, one of Glenn's friend and co-worker who is also a really patient ice fisherman who doesn't mind being shadowed by two very interested mini-humans.

 These two kiddos sure love being outside, even when there are several inches of snow on the ground and temperatures in the teens.  The thermos of hot chocolate certainly helps but these two genuinely like stomping around in the snow.  Which is good, because it's February. Winter is here. 

No comments: