Monday, September 2, 2013

Football

Last weekend was Will's first flag football game of the season.  I don't have any decent pictures of the game, but here's Reina wearing the bag for the fold-up chair on her head.  Will is playing for the Dolphins this year (not the Raiders!) and he's having a great time.  AND he scored the very first touchdown of the season on Saturday.  I was overly excited and texted just about everybody in my address book.  But better yet, he's excited about the game this year and he's paying attention in practice and he's figuring out what football is all about.  It's a great start to the fall. 
A preview of what she'll look like when she dyes her hair blue just in time for senior pictures.
After his football game, Will and I traveled down to Denver to go to a Broncos pre-season game.  He wore his #18 Manning jersey proudly and scarfed down some snacks while stomping his feet to "We Will Rock You" and clapping at the appropriate times.  He's closer to earning a regular season ticket but I stand by my requirement that you can't attend a regular season game until you can go to the bathroom by yourself.  You also have to be able to handle your mother's extreme mood swings depending on how the game is going.  So maybe next year? 
Yep, three 'sports' necklaces but don't let that detract you from the cutest face in all of the West. 
My favorite Will moment of the summer (year?) happened at half time.  About 1000 junior cheerleaders and Broncos cheerleaders took the field and as they were lining up, Will turns to me and asks, "Are they all going to attack each other?"  He was serious and that would seriously be the best half time show ever. 
It does sort of look like a battle formation from way up here.  Atttttttacccckkkkkkkkk!!!

Will's love of pop music continues and on the way down to Denver, I kept the radio station tuned to some #1 top 40 hits blah blah blah and Will told me that each song that came on was his favorite.  The refrain for one of the songs goes something like this "I feel it in my bones, to make my system go, welcome to a new day, to a new day.... etc."  It has a sports anthem-y kind of vibe and Will loves it.  But he sings, "I feel it in my bones, to make my sister go."  Giggles.  I haven't had the heart to correct that one yet. 

No comments: