Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Little snippets from the week

It's been one of those weeks.  Again.  I think it's always one of those weeks this time of year.   Last week was full of after-work activities, the wrap-up of birthday festivities and Valentine's craziness.  Reina carried the birthday glow with her to school all week.  On the Monday after her birthday she wore this birthday outfit from Aunt V and Uncle M. The sparkly kitten is so her personality right now.  She can be sweet and cuddly and purr and then she's sinking her sharp little kitten teeth into your hand.  True story.


On the Tuesday after her birthday (on Monday, Reina came home because she was "sick."  We think she just missed all of her new toys.) she had her Montessori birthday celebration.  She took it very seriously.  For as much as she walks around this house bossing everyone around and making her place known, at school she seems quieter and shy.  She's still on the younger side of her class, maybe this will change as she gets older. 
On Thursday, I helped at Will's kindergarten Valentine's party. Oh the candy-coated chaos!  While I was waiting to help set up, I noticed the artwork in the hallway.  Each student had their own self-portrait and I had to snap a picture of Will's.  I love his jaunty cap.  Coincidentally, the girl below him is the only girl that he ever talks about and the one I mentioned in the last blog post.  I think it's destiny. 
So while the parents were setting up the party stuff, the kindergartners were drawing on white boards. Will and I'd had a slightly rough morning - nothing major, just fighting over why one of us had to wear a winter coat (in February.  In Wyoming) and so it made my morning to turn around and see this.  It was a nice peace offering. 
On Saturday, we headed down to Denver for the day.  The kids visited Pop-pop and Grandma and Glenn and I ran some errands and shopped.  On the way home, we visited the Workshop That Shall Not Be Named because two members of our household want to live there and two of us are still stinging from the price tag.  Needless to say, the two in this picture had a b-l-a-s-t and are still carrying around their bear and cat today.  Although, naturally the bear is wearing a Star Wars outfit and the pink cat has an age-inappropriate halter top/ballerina dress.  I tried to talk her into a tshirt/capri ensemble but why did I even waste my breath.  
By mid-afternoon Saturday, I was feeling pretty achy and a little droopy and by the night I was sick.  A quick trip to urgent care on Sunday clarified that I didn't have The Flu but instead I had a virus called "that virus with influenza-like symptoms."  So all of the fun of the flu but none of the Tamiflu relief.  I'm still getting over it today.  I made another trip to my regular doctor to make sure that I didn't have something else (I don't).  I asked the doctor about the chances of Glenn or the kids getting it.  Her response?  "Super high."  Stay tuned. 

No comments: