Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Egg Hunts, Fishing and Baby Chickens!

First things first. We had a good day on Thursday and I never had time to blog about it. Glenn had his pic line removed and received clearance from the doctor to return to work full-time. I've never seen anyone so happy to go back to work full-time. Glenn's doing really well. He's getting some flexibility back in his elbow and he'll continue with physical therapy for a little while longer. He doesn't have to see the rest of the doctors for another month and that's just to follow-up on his progress. He's still a little tired but frankly, who isn't! So Thursday was a good day.

We had a great weekend. Our region is having an usually warm and dry March. While I miss all the moisture, it has been nice to get outside. On Saturday we went to an Easter Egg hunt at Glenn's office. The kiddos were divided into age groups so Glenn went off with Will and I stayed with Reina. She loves putting stuff in buckets so the egg hunt was right up her alley. Reina won one of the grand prizes because she found a special egg. Okay, I actually found it but I pointed her towards it. I wasn't helicopter parenting at the Easter Egg Hunt! Just pointing out eggs..... Her grand prize was a new basket filled with bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Two more of her favorite things! And the basket is yellow - her favorite color! She was more excited than she looks in this picture. Will had a good time, too. His basket was so very heavy, obviously. Oh, I forgot another Reina story. Once the hunt was over, we all gathered back in the office to look at all of the loot and more importantly, empty the eggs of all of the contents and give them (the empty shells) back to the egg hunt organizers for next year. Reina was none too pleased about this turn of events. She wanted to keep the eggs, didn't really care about the candy, and started down the road of the giant-3-yr-temper-tantrum but then changed her mind. Maybe it was all of the chocolate, I don't know. So for her Easter basket, I'm thinking of just filling it with a bunch of empty eggs and keeping the chocolate for myself. Sound like a plan?

One more Easter Egg Hunt/Reina story that also involves Will slightly. One of Glenn's co-workers dressed up as the Easter Bunny. Will was pretty interested and walked over to talk to him. Reina? Nope, none of it. "Where's that big bunny? What's he doing? I don't like that guy." Even after the hunt was over, she kept scanning the crowd to see if he was making a repeat performance.


Saturday afternoon, Glenn and Will went fishing with our friends and Reina and I stayed home to nap and do chores. I didn't want Reina to go fishing because without a nap, she's a bit of a terror. Ironically, she chose that afternoon to nap for about 15 minutes so I didn't have my long, lazy afternoon to get chores done (watch mindless television that Glenn teases me about). Anyway, Glenn and Will went fishing and Will CAUGHT HIS FIRST FISH and had a great time. On the way home, Will asked Glenn if they could go fishing again the next day and Glenn almost cried. Glenn said that Will squealed the whole time the fish was being reeled back to shore. I hope he keeps that trait up for the rest of his fishing career.



Today after church, we drove over to our local farm & ranch supply store to buy some stuff for Trigger AND to look at all of the baby chickens and turkeys and guinea fowl. It's too bad these cute little fluff balls grow into actual poultry. Both Reina and Will were very interested in the animals and this picture makes me giggle. They look so innocent but I know that if I turned my back for a minute, either one or the both of them would crawl into that hot box and be snuggling baby chickens immediately. Who us? Yes, you.

No comments: