Sunday, April 8, 2012

A 3-yr old or a 13-yr old? And Easter.

 Let's talk about Reina for a minute, shall we? This little blondie has a lot going on. Three is just so..... very three. She has opinions (strong ones at that) about EVERYTHING. From her snack to what she's going to wear and how her hair should look and beyond, this girl tells us how she feels. Last weekend at Target, she gave me the silent treatment because she didn't the underwear I was picking out. For myself. Don't I have at least another decade before I embarrass my children with my undergarment choices? I see in her a desperate grasping for some level of control because as the youngest, she probably does get lost in the shuffle sometimes. So we try to let her pick the movie (not Will's pirate movie) or what's for dinner (mac & cheese and hot dogs) and give her some say but I don't know that it always makes a difference.  Today, Glenn asked her if he could have one of her chocolate Easter eggs and she said, "maybe tomorrow." 

I asked her to show me 'mad' .... I think that's a little mild for 'mad.' Where's the screeching and lashing out and stomping of feet?   
This was 'sad'.... again a little mild.  'Sad' usually involves a loud wail followed by a crumpling to the ground. 
   

Oh, here's mad!  This is "Stop taking my picture and I want to go to the grocery store with you RIGHT NOW."

Today is Easter Sunday and we had a really nice day.  Yes, there was some crying (see picture below) but there was some nice family time, a lovely church service, lots of ham, chocolate and naps.  It was a good day.  We had a little Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  This is one of those rare Wyoming springs where it was actually warm enough and not snow-covered to do it and the kids had a lot of fun.  Trigger even found an egg or two.  Are jelly beans bad for dogs? 

Headed out for the Easter egg hunt.  Reina did not want to go because she was busy watching cah-toons.  She perked up once she realized there were eggs involved. 

This wasn't Will's Easter Sunday outfit.  That only lasted about 30.5 seconds after we walked in the door after church.  He quickly shed it for his outfit of choice.  Yes, pirates do participate in egg hunts. 

As I mentioned last week, Reina is quite good at finding stuff to cram in her Easter basket.  She also refuses to give the plastic eggs back this time around. 
After the egg hunt, we dyed a bunch of eggs which was great fun for the 5 and under set and slightly fun for the rest of us who had to clean up the mess.  Uncle Matt and Aunt Vicky joined us for Easter lunch of ham and more ham.  Afterwards we napped and ate as much Easter candy as our stomachs would allow (okay, maybe that was just me).  It was a really nice weekend. 

In totally unrelated news, Trigger got a bath a few weeks ago.  I had to take a picture of him being subdued and submissive and all that good dog stuff because outside of the bathtub, it RARELY happens.  He is starting to chill out every so slightly.  He's my reliable jogging partner and I've found that he'll start to get a little tired after about 10 miles or so.  Too bad I can't run that every day. 

No comments: