Saturday, November 5, 2011

Race Day

We traveled down to Colorado this morning so that Uncle Matt and I could run a half marathon while the rest of the crew cheered us on. This is going to be a short post because I really want to go lay down. I'm tired! It was a fun race and one of the better ones I've run in that I didn't throw up or cry at the end. Yeah!! Here we are pre-race. It was a cold day but pretty nice for a long run. Trigger came with us too but he was still in the car at this point. Will's not plugging his ears on purpose, he's just jamming out to some tunes on my Ipod. He loves his music. Here I am approaching the finish line. Vicky took a bunch of great pictures but I chose this one because (a) I actually look like I'm running and (b) I'm not making an obscene gesture at the camera - not that I would EVER do that but let's just say that it was a long 13 miles and (c) look at the form, that smile, I actually look like a runner (unlike some of the photos from previous races where people are like, "why are homeless running down the middle of the street?")

So it was a nice Saturday. We are having one of those rare months-that-end-in-'ber weekend occurrences where both of us are home and no one is hunting anything. The weather was a little nasty when we came back home so we spent the afternoon and evening just hanging out. It was really nice. Now I'm off to find another handful of ibuprofen and resume my position on the couch. More tales of the Bronco Babies tomorrow....

No comments: