Friday, July 15, 2011

Will-isms

A quick list of all of the funny little things that come out of his mouth lately... there are so many that I have to take a minute to keep track.

*********
I'm talking to him about the upcoming wedding and how it's right around the corner...
Will: I'm going to be Aunt Vicky's wedding bear!
Me: You mean you are going to be the ring bearer?
Will: That's what I said!

*********
Getting ready for bedtime tonight....
Will: Mom, can we read that Harry Possum book?
Me: giggles. (imagining the exciting story of an orphaned marsupial who becomes a wizard and defeats the evil dark lord Voldemole)

*********
Speaking of possums, a few weeks ago Will's preschool class had a teddy bear picnic field trip. The kids were invited to bring their teddy bears and a sack lunch and they hiked everyone to a nearby park. The morning of the field trip, Will spent a few minutes in his room trying to decide what to bring. He doesn't really have a teddy bear that he has any attachment to and he was trying to decide between Woody, Buzz, a scattered assortment of Lego men and a plastic dinosaur. He finally came racing down the stairs with Barry, his stuffed possum. I actually bought it for Glenn a few years ago - Glenn had a pet possum named Barry when he was growing up. Needless to say, Will's teachers told us that he was the only one at the picnic with a possum. Yup. We're going to start sending squirrel sandwiches in his lunch, too. Yeehaw.

*********
Will: Hey mom, can you do me a favorite? (favor)

*********
One last story. We had a sibling milestone earlier this week. Both kids were having breakfast at the kitchen table and out of the blue Reina said "Bobo, you tooted." Well, she actually didn't say "tooted" she said the other word which I don't like and don't want to type here. Anyway, Will got all affronted and shrieked back "No I didn't! I didn't toot!" Reina smugly replied, "Yes you did. You tooted." I headed off the impending argument by redirecting their attention to what I was packing in their lunches but I had to hide a smile. I believe that was Reina's first successful attempt at sibling tormenting. Not her last attempt, clearly.

No comments: