Friday, June 11, 2010

Road trip!

This week, the kids accompanied me on a work trip to Park City, UT. Grandma Hansen came along as the assistant chauffer, nanny and toddler wrangler. Mapquest indicated that it was about a 6-hour drive from Cheyenne but with two kids in the backseat, it was more like an 8-hour drive. We left on Monday and came back Thursday. It went (surprisingly) well! The kids handled the long car ride with a limited number of tantrums and I think they had fun staying in a hotel room and visiting a new town.

We left Cheyenne armed with new toys and a portable dvd player. Before I had kids, I thought that my children would never need one of those to stay entertained in the car. Then I had a three-year old. Reina didn't have the dvd player (except when Will was napping) but she did have a bowl of snacks and a new phone/piano. Grandma Hansen and I kept thinking that our phone was ringing as Reina played with her new toy. No, that wasn't confusing at all! The roughest day on the trip was Tuesday. Will didn't nap in the afternoon. When my meetings ended for the day, Grandma and I took the kids and the strollers and walked through old Park City. Will didn't even make it out of the car before falling asleep. Doesn't that look comfortable?

Will's mood improved long enough for us to snap a quick picture of the two of them and a giant bronze bear. The hotel had a heated pool and since we are Wyoming-ites, we braved the 70 degree weather for a quick dip. Reina loved it and rocked her new bikini (thanks Aunt Vicky!). Headed home and not a moment too soon.

No comments: