Friday, May 14, 2010

Reina - 15 months old!

How can it be that our girl is 15-months old already? Time is flying! She had a good check-up even though I had to bring Will along. Both kids have colds and it turns out that Will had an ear/sinus infection. I'm demanding my money back from the ear, nose and throat doctor for his latest round of ear tubes, but I digress. Reina is growing like a weed. She's now 70% in height and 100% in cuteness. Reina had to get 2 shots and I tried to warn Will that she would get upset. I told him to come stand by me but he was too busy playing with the curtain in the exam room. As soon as Reina got her shots, she started screaming (of course). As soon as Will heard Reina screaming, he started crying. Loudly. Then the following dialogue took place:


Me: Will, why are you crying?
Will: (actual tears and stunned look) Why is baby crying?!
Will: (getting panicky) Why does baby have band-aids?
Will: What happened??!!
Me: Don't worry, you don't have to get a shot. Get your jacket.
Will: (Tears start to subside) Ok. But I need a lollipop.


I mentioned in an earlier post that we had a garage sale last weekend and Will did something memorable. I won't go into great detail but to give you a brief overview, I looked up from completing a sale to see Will peeing on the driveway in full view of about 10 garage sale shoppers and came within inches of actually peeing on merchandise. (Yeah, I know. I should be thankful that he was actually out on the driveway and not inside of the garage. Hey, the kid was manners, what can I say.) It was one of those moments when time seemed to stop and in my head I'm yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo."


You can bet that I'll find a way to include that little anecdote in a toast at his wedding.


We did have a short but firm conversation afterwards that we DO NOT PEE IN PUBLIC.


Okay, this post is supposed to be all about Reina and her fabulous 15 months. She's growing up! She's still working on the whole walking thing but she's getting better. She'll take a few steps and then fall into your lap or grab onto your leg but she's getting braver. Reina's starting add more words to her repertoire and she'll nod her head for "yes" or shake it virgorously for "no. She's a little shyer than Will was but once she warms up she's friendly and charming and will eagerly bring you a book to read or a shoe to put on her foot. She's our happy girl!


Look at those big blue eyes and perfect skin! It reminds me that I need moisturizer. And maybe botox. Scary baby!

No comments: