Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fast forward ten (or so) years into the future

Yesterday, my BFF Heather brought her son Jackson over for a play date. Will and Jackson are having a ton of fun together and Heather and I recently discovered the joy of dropping one's son off for a play date and getting to shop for an hour solo (or in my case, with a 15-month in tow). Jackson is a little over a year older than Will and the two share a love of Buzz Lightyear, shooting at stuff and driving trucks. Back when I was pregnant with Reina, I was delighted to find out I was having a girl because I figured that she could marry Jackson and Heather and I would be legally related. So with that in mind, here's a glimpse into the future...

Reina and Jackson's first date. The good news for you Jackson, is that you get to take Reina out. The bad news is that she will be driving. Yes, and she's wearing a Cowboy's t-shirt and jeans on her date. She is my daughter after all.
Oops, we also forgot to mention that Will has to go on the date. But don't worry, he'll ride in the back. You'll hardly notice him at all.
Well, it looks like the date didn't go very well because now the two boys have ditched the girl and they are taking the truck and going off-road. Here's hoping they won't still be carrying Buzz around in 10 years. Whatever. Who needs boys when you have your own truck?!! Girl power!

1 comment:

Jane Hansen said...

It's not legal to text and drive. What about playing with Buzz or Woody while driving?