Sunday, April 18, 2010

Well it was nice while it lasted

I was just patting myself on the back on Friday. Congratulating myself for the kids staying healthy for one WHOLE month. The ear tubes have been working well and everyone has been cheerful and chatty. And then Will went to bed last night. A few hours into the night, he woke up coughing, gagging and screaming. One rough night led to a doctor's appointment this morning and a diagnosis of strep throat. So much for our streak of good health.
By dinnertime, everyone was in the need of some fresh air so we ventured outside. Reina worked on her dexterity by carefully picking up pieces of gravel and putting them in a flowerpot. Who needs expensive baby toys when you've got gravel?!
Aunt Vicky and her pets are staying with us the week. So when I saw we "all" ventured outside, I mean 1 cat, 2 dogs, 2 kids and 1 parent. I felt like the recess monitor. Luckily for me, the four-legged participants are a little leery of playing with a three-year old in the backyard.
Hermione: "Is the coast clear yet?"
Canyon: "Nope. The kid is headed your way."
Bailey: "Is it time for dinner?"
Earlier in the weekend, I snapped this shot of Reina as she was getting ready for a nap. Glenn took her pigtails out which led to this 'mad scientist' look. I really need to do something about her hair.

Prior to catching strep, Will had a pretty good weekend. He keeps coming out with new sayings and it's hard not to giggle. At church on Sunday, he and Reina and I spent most of the service in the nursery where they played with toys while I tried to pay attention to the service. Will piled a bunch of stuffed animals in a chair and was rocking them to sleep singing "Rock a bye baby ... something unintelligible here... and a happy New Year!"
We had a milestone with Will this weekend. The start of the butt/poop jokes. At dinner, he stood up, pulled his pants down and said "Mom, look at my butt!" and started laughing. I really thought we had a few more years before we had to deal with this type of humor. I guess I was wrong.

No comments: